Friends of Tugman November 2022 Committee Report
- We held formal volunteer work events in November on Wednesday, November 2nd and Wednesday, November 16th. We cancelled the event on Wednesday, November 30th due to inclement weather. However, several non-formal events transpired where a few members undertook beautification efforts and met with City P&OS personnel, including the off-loading of > 200 native plants on Wed. 11/30 prior to our Native Planting Project (see below)
- Our planting initiative of approx. 200 native trees, shrubs, forbs and grasses in the park’s north end will occur in early December (days/times to be determined by weather conditions and volunteer availability). Final preparation and walk-throughs were conducted on 11/2 & 11/16.
- Our recently submitted planting plan to P&OS for additional trees in the central lawn near the creek side pathway as well as a plan to remediate an overgrown invasive grassy area just south of the plaque circle in the north end are still under scrutiny by various P&OS stakeholders.
- We expanded several tree circles followed by mulching in the main lawn and adjacent trees in the natural areas.
- We continue to post notifications to Park Watch regarding unauthorized camping and trash dumping. We continue to request a replacement trash receptacle for the park’s north end (along 36th Ave.) where trash is often dumped near the location of the former garbage can that was removed several weeks ago.
- We have received interest from a few new prospective volunteers. These folks have been included on several email notifications but have yet to participate in a volunteer work event.